Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Pirate Pj's

I've shown you all the Monster Pj Pants I made for my older son and since I have not quite finished the shirt that matches it (hopefully tomorrow), I am sharing the Pirate Pj's I made for my younger son.
Ever had a project that you just can't stop staring at?  This was one of those for me.  Aren't they SOOO cute?!  I am DYING over how awesome they turned out.  I made the pants and purchased the shirt then... 

I free handed the pirate hat applique to mimic the pirate hat in the fabric.
I hand stitched the skull and crossbones to the hat, used a little stitch witchery to attatch the hat to the shirt and then zigzaged around the hat to make sure it stays stuck. ;)
I seriously can hardly wait to see these on Eme, but it will have to wait til Christmas Eve!

Do you any of you have Christmas Eve pj traditions?  We do, and I love it!

I'm linking this project to:

handmade projects


HollyBloggyButton1

CreativeShareWednesdays



Olivia Renn

Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden


Get your craft on Thurs.


HookingupwithHoH
Tickled Pink at 504 Main



A Crafty Soiree






11 comments:

  1. These are SO cute. I totally have that pirate fabric. I used it as a tablecloth for a pirate party for my little guy, I totally want to make pjs now. WAY cute.

    Just Another Day in Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it the best fabric!? I just love it. A pirate party sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the cutest...EVER!
    Loves me a bit of Argggggggggg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! I have that same pirate material!! Made a reversible hoodie with it and still have some left!! Check out my hoodie here

    http://0bella-rose0.blogspot.com/2010/09/reversible-hoodie-fun.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! My 2 year old daughter loves pirates and would love these. Where did you get the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, I got the fabric a few months ago at Joann's, bt I haven't seen it lately. I'd check their website to see if they have any back in yet. Good luck!!
    p.s. I love that your daughter is a pirate lover! :) Check back in a few days, I have another pirate-centric project in the works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am absolutely crazy for your style! What a wonderful blog, and an incredible project! That pirate fabric is simply too cute, and I love the way you complemented the design with your freehand applique! So glad I stopped by from the linky at Tatertots and Jello!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These would match a pirate mural I just painted. Very cute...

    If you have a moment this weekend, please stop by and link up to Creative Juice!

    <3
    nicolette @

    http://momnivoresdilemma.blogspot.com/2010/12/creative-juice-thursday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adorable and creative. Love your style. I stopped by from the Creative Juice and am so glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are pirate lovers at my house - so this would be greatly loved :)

    Thanks for linking up to to TOO Cute Tuesday.

    http://funkypolkadotgiraffe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad you did. :)