Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Flower Cuff Tutorial

**I'm giving away one of my Koala Bear Hats!!  Click here to enter!**

**Looking for the Linky Party?  Scroll down!**

Good morning all!! I'm so excited to share this week's tutorial with you! Remember my Green Sweater Purse? Well, I had a few scraps left over and thought they would contribute nicely to a pretty cuff/bracelet. This was so super easy to make and looks so pretty on. I used a vintage sheet to make the flower and the lining, so this project is a complete refashion!


You will need:

Scraps of a sweater large enough to fit around your wrist
Scraps to make a flower/rosette
Matching thread
Sewing machine
Hand sewing needle
Pins
Scissors


Let's get started!















Isn't it so much fun?!  I love it.  I thought about adding a large bead to the center of the flower, but, I want to keep it baby friendly so that if my son wants to play with it he can.  But, I think a pretty bead would look really pretty on it.  Just some food for thought. ;)

I'll be linking up to the fabulous linky parties on the right! 

23 comments:

  1. So cute! And how stinky cute are your pins?! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! Jaime, those pins are from Walmart! They are awesome, they lay flatter and are longer then regular pins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo cute - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, love it! Seriously!

    jjreynoldsfamily.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this! WOW! Thanks for linking up at Trendy Treehouse

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic idea and great tutorial. Would love it if you would link up at my party!

    http://lifeinmypjs.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,

    ~Ela

    ReplyDelete
  7. The vintage fabric is my favorite detail on these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Can you tell me what parts of the sweather you used for the purses?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Connie, I'm going to send you an email in a minute, but I'll answer here too in case anyone else has a similar question. :)

    I think I used a piece of the left over sleeve. But really, you can use any piece of the sweater that you think is pretty and is long enough to wrap around your wrist and that you can still slide your hand out of. I would reccomend cutting with the kintting. So, that means on most sweaters you would want to cut a piece length wise NOT cross wise. Does that make sense I hope?!

    I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm happy to help.

    When you're done, I'd love to see your finished piece! :) Send me a link or llink it up to my party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, nuts. Well, Connie, I tried to email you, but I can't find your email address! I hope you check back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! Thanks for linking up over at Olivia Renn, hope to see you again next Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You commented on my blog so now I get to comment on yours! I love this! I'm so copying this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that it's repurposed materials, love the design of the cable knit, love the format of your tutorial, love the idea of putting a bead in the middle... a covered button might be cute too... just love it all! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very very cute!

    Thanks for linking up!

    Ashley
    www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow This is so Cute.. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh and I LOVE your Animal background on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful...Would love for you to add this to my link party: www.thetreasurist.blogspot.com Just click on Thursday Treasures link at top of page.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a fun idea! I love sweater and it makes a great cuff. Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute...great use of resources! I just love sweater anything.

    ReplyDelete
  20. SO cute I love it...I think I might try that..thank you for sharing..

    sherry

    http://splendiferousgirlsclub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad you did. :)