Friday, January 28, 2011

Monkeys for my Monkey.

My son is hilarious.  You've seen the pics, you know.  One of his favorite things to do is pull my blanket off my bed and then roll around and throw himself into it.  haha.  It's really a very cute thing.

My blanket is SUPER soft.  It's like a Little Giraff blanket, only king size and even softer.  I love it and so does he.

Eme has one Little Giraffe blanket that he LOVES, but I thought he could use another one.  (You know, for when the other one's in the wash.)  But Little Giraffe blankets are  EXPENSIVE.  My mom gave him one as a happy BIRTH day present.  He's used and loved it pretty much every day since.  But since buying him another one is out of the question, I decided to make him one with some of the fabric from my stash. (That I bought from the remnant bin a while ago.  I <3 the remnant bin. :) )

It's soft and it's snuggley and it's perfect for my little blankey loving monkey.  Wanna see?

Here ya go!


MONKEYS for my Monkey. :)

The fabric is cute, but not something I would have normally chosen.  The hubster found it.  So, we got it, and tonight as I was pinning on the binding he goes, "Is that the fabric I got?  I was gonna make something with that."  Oops.  Sorry.  Though I really have no idea what he would have make with it.  He just liked the feel of it.


I think this little (totally accidental) corner is my favorite part.  Peek-a-BOO!!!


This was my second time doing a binding and it went a little smoother and looks at least somewhat better.  I have a ways to go before I'll declare myself anywhere near being truly good at it though.  I went the easy(er) (though not as 'creative') route this time and bought pre-made satin blanket binding.  It was definitely faster.  haha.  Making your own binding takes FOREVER.  Especially when you don't have a binding maker. 


All in all this was a fun (relatively fast) little project that I'm fairly certain my son will love.

5 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! Hey, seriously, come and check out what I did just yesterday. Such a coincidence!

    http://secondsfromcrazy.blogspot.com/2011/01/sick-lil-monkey-man.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Sugar Bee's linky party.

    CUTE blanket. If your son doesn't like it, you can give it to me. ha! The corner where the monkey is peeking out is great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable blanket! I love the bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute blanket! I love the nice touch of the border ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad you did. :)